Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 3

My laptop is broken, my camera is broken, the xbox is broken, and I feel broken. 

Since when did all of our hobbies become so complicated and expensive and technological? I could go for some simple right now.

We're out of peanut butter. How in the heck do we run out of peanut butter in this house? It's a staple food, one of the main food groups for some of us. I didn't put it on my grocery list. And now it's -6 degrees outside; and I have 2 layers on the bottom and four on top and I will not be getting any peanut butter today. 

I spent hours and hours cleaning the house yesterday. Dusting and going through closets and drawers and organizing and today the house is trashed. I yelled at the kids that they need to start helping around the house because I just can't do it all by myself. My husband offered to help fold the laundry and I told him I didn't need his help. 

I'm teetering on the edge of discouragement mixed with frustration and I feel broken. 

I hate this weather. I hate feeling cold all.the.time. There aren't enough layers to keep me warm. I hate this time of year; this coldest time of the year in the gray and bleak and dreary and bitter cold. I feel like I'm drowning on dry land, and we're out of peanut butter. 























No comments:

Post a Comment